Last year, approximately 5,000 Americans died as a result of severe trucking accidents. When fatal truck accidents occur, it can leave families emotionally and financially devastated. In addition to coping with the loss of their loved one, they will face costly medical bills and funeral costs that, altogether, can be extremely stressful and overwhelming.
It’s critical that families of truck accident victims remember that, during such dark times, they are not alone. Our truck accident lawyers are legal professionals who have extensive experience in compassionately working with clients while aggressively representing their rights in order to help them recover the compensation they deserve as efficiently as possible.
Risk Factors for Fatal Truck Accidents
Reports indicate the most truck crashes that end in fatalities are caused by drivers of other vehicles, not truck drivers. Trucking accidents are most likely to result in death when drivers are:
- Not heeding emergency sirens, traffic lights, or traffic signs
- Intoxicated or fatigued
- Inexperienced or improperly trained
- Driving recklessly, for example, speeding, running red lights, or not using their indicators
- Talking on cell phones, playing with the radio, or otherwise distracted
Additionally, poor weather and road conditions, along with debris in the road, can play a role in causing deadly truck collisions.
How a Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Help
If your loved one has been killed in a serious trucking accident, you should consult a wrongful death lawyer who has experience in trucking accidents. Our truck crash lawyers will:
- Inform you of your legal rights and entitlements
- Determine whether you have a case
- Advice you on the most appropriate manner in which to resolve your case
- Provide you with aggressive, professional representation in all necessary legal proceedings, should you choose to secure his services
To ensure that each client is receiving first-class legal representation our experienced accident lawyers will:
- Develop highly personalized attorney-client relationships with each client
- Put the client’s needs first
- Gather all relevant evidence, including police reports and witness statements, to build a solid, irrefutable case
- Highlight weaknesses in the opponent’s arguments
- Find experts to testify and confirm our clients’ claims
- Work tirelessly to help our clients win the maximum possible settlement awards
Learn the legal rights of you and your loved ones. Contact a trucking accident attorney today.