Truck accident attorneys are personal injury lawyers who are familiar with compiling, presenting, and winning lawsuits for those who have been injured in trucking accidents, as well as for families who have lost loved one(s) due to such crashes. Our well-trained truck accident lawyers are dedicated to:
- Cultivating a personalized attorney-client relationship
- Putting each client’s needs ahead of everything else
- Building each client the strongest case possible
- Aggressively representing the clients’ rights in all necessary legal proceeding, including arbitration, mediation, and trial
- Recovering the maximum settlement awards for each accident case
Serious Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
The most severe truck accidents may result in one or more fatalities. However, survivors may experience serious injuries such as lost limbs, severe burns, broken/crushed bones, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and more. In these cases, victims may face a lifetime of pain and other financial and emotional damages caused by:
- Costly medical bills
- The long-term cost of treatment
- Medication for the pain and infection
- Medical equipment in cases of disfigurement and permanent disability
- Lost wages during recovery and in severe cases, indefinitely
- Decreased quality of life if the injuries prevent the victim from engaging in everyday activated
The list goes on — this is only a shortlist of the potential damages a truck crash victim may face.
When Victims are Entitled to Settlements
Truck accident victims will be most likely be eligible for compensation if the accident was caused by another person or entity’s negligence or recklessness, such as:
- Driver fatigue and/or distraction
- Driver inexperience
- Driver intoxication
- Careless and/or reckless driving
- Vehicle part defects, malfunctions, or failure
Keep in mind that “driver” can refer to errors made by truck drivers, as well as drivers of other smaller passenger cars. Nevertheless, if any of these factors play a role in causing or worsening a trucking accident regardless of other factors, such as weather or road conditions, injured parties will likely have a legitimate legal claim and can recover compensation for their truck accident injuries and losses by filing a case.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur when a truck driver (or a driver of another vehicle) is:
- Disobeying traffic laws, such as by running red lights or failing to use signals
- Driving in poor weather and/or road conditions
- Driving recklessly, such as by unsafely passing, speeding, or cutting off other drivers
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (DUI), including prescription and illicit drugs
- Not properly trained to drive the vehicle they are operating
Additionally, improperly loaded or insecure cargo and tire blowouts or other types of equipment failure can cause serious truck accidents.
Truck Accident Statistics
- About 12 percent of all traffic accidents in the U.S. are truck crashes
- About 5,000 deaths occur in these truck crashes
- Drivers of other smaller cars – not truck drivers – are responsible for about 75 percent of all trucking accidents
- Each year in the U.S., more than 500,000 trucking accidents occur and roughly 5,000 individuals die in these wrecks
- Human error and vehicle equipment failure are the leading causes of truck crashes
- The worst truck accidents are generally caused by tractor-trailers, as about 98 percent of these crashes cause at least one
Truck Accident Settlements
Whether you were involved in a tractor-trailer, semi-truck, or minivan accident, it is important to speak with an attorney who knows how to handle truck accidents. Accidents involving trucks are usually more complicated than other motor vehicle accidents, and hiring the right trucking accident lawyer can make all the difference in your case. Our highly skilled truck crash lawyers understand the complexities of these accidents and will fight aggressively to make sure you recover the entire amount of compensation you are entitled to.
When to Consult with a Truck Accident Attorney
Accident victims should attend a consultation with a skilled, respected truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Having a seasoned accident lawyer represent you gives you a better chance of recovering the full amount of compensation you are entitled to. It is important to speak with an attorney as close to the accident as possible to ensure none of the evidence is lost.
- Learn more about your legal rights
- Find out if you are entitled to a settlement for your injuries and losses
- Get expert advice about how to win your case
- Secure aggressive, professional representation for upcoming legal proceedings
To discuss the circumstances of your truck accident injury, contact our truck accident law firm today.